Sony Working on S1, a 9.4-inch Android Tablet with Honeycomb?
Sony Ericsson, now claiming the honor of being the only major Android OEM that doesn’t have a tablet announced, may actually have something up its sleeve after all. Engadget published an exclusive earlier today that reveals a Android Honeycomb tablet is in the works for Sony Ericsson and is codenamed S1.
According to the rumor, it is planned for a September launch and the WiFi only version would likely sell for $599, just $100 more than the WiFi iPad.
Here’s what we have heard about this tablet so far:
- Runs a customized version of Honeycomb
- 9.4-inch tablet with 1280 x 800 resolution
- Tegra 2 CPU
- Front/rear cameras
- USB-A port for thumb drives or other media devices
- IR port to offer control for several devices
- An interesting “wrap” design meant to mimic something personal like a folded magazine in your pocket
- Playstation Certified
- Sony PS One games preloaded
- Bravia Media Remote
- Access to Qriocity, Sony’s media on demand service
For a rumor about a tablet that wouldn’t see the market until September, it sure is well spec’d out already.