The carrier plans to sell the new PlayStation-certified smartphone starting April, at about the same time when it will also launch the Xperia Arc.
Another new Android 2.3 Gingerbread smartphone that’s coming soon to O2 UK is the HTC Desire S (which was announced by HTC at MWC 2011, just like Sony Ericsson’s Xperia Play).
O2 doesn’t say how much its upcoming Android smartphones will cost. Anyway, I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to get any of them for free if you’re willing to sign a new contract agreement, and opt for an expensive data plan.
More details here at O2′s official website.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Vodafone UK now taking pre-orders for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc
- SE Xperia Play and Xperia Arc can be now pre-ordered at Three UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launch date announced by Verizon: May 26
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play headed to Rogers in Canada?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play goes 4G on AT&T, available for $50 starting September 18