And they have both gone on pre-order in the UK, shedding some light on the pricing of these devices.
First up, retailer Play.com has both phones on pre-order. The LG Optimus 3D has a price of £514.99 (approximately $830 and EUR 609) and will become available on April 25.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is also listed, and it will set you back £519.99 ($839 or EUR 614). It will be available on March 28. Both phones are unlocked at Play.com, come SIM-free, and with free shipping.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is also listed at Mobiles.co.uk, a third party retailer that works with UK operators. As such, the Xperia Play is available from Mobiles.co.uk on contracts with both Orange and Vodafone. Phone prices range from free to £350, depending on what contract you choose.
To get the phone for free, you’ll need to choose a monthly contract of at least £30. Mobiles.co.uk also lists March 28 as the release date for the Xperia Play, so it’s probably safe to assume that that will indeed be the date when the UK will see the first PlayStation certified phone in the shops.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets price cut to £390 in the UK
- Vodafone UK now taking pre-orders for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc
- Canada: Rogers Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc now on pre-order at Best Buy
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play can now be ordered for just £199.99, ships on October 7
- Sony Xperia Z now available in the UK. US too if you’re willing to spend $849