It’s finally happened. Sure, the world may be more focused on updates to Android 2.3 (or 2.4) Gingerbread at the moment, but the Android 2.2 Froyo update for AT&T’s Galaxy S, the Samsung Captivate, is finally available to download.
As was the case with updating the entire Galaxy S range, this is not an over-the-air update. It certainly looks like Samsung shipped all its Galaxy S devices sans the capabilities needed for OTA updates. Anyway, you’ll need a piece of Samsung desktop software called Kies Mini. If you have a previous Kies installation, you’re advised to uninstall it first.
Kies Mini will download the update for you, and then install it onto your device. Sadly, this app only works on Windows, so tough luck to those without any Windows machine around.
For full details about the update, as well as step-by-step instructions, head over to the special FAQ page. Happy updating!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update finally available
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G OTA update is out. T-Mobile says you shouldn’t update the Vibrant via Kies
- Rogers Samsung Galaxy S II LTE gets Ice Cream Sandwich too
- Samsung Galaxy S II has already received two software updates