We just found some screenshots sent over to 9to5Mac from Apple Retail, showing off the MobileMe on the list of EOL (End-of-Life) products amongst the last-gen MacBook Pros. While only speculation can be made at this time as to the future of MobileMe, it’s pretty safe to assume that this is paving the way to something bigger and better. And considering there is an iPad event coming up on March 2, we’re pretty sure this is no coincidence.
So what should we expect regarding this “one more thing” at the March 2 event? It mostly likely means we will see either a free or tiered version of MobileMe to come out. In any case, we think it’s probably a good idea to refrain from purchasing MobileMe for at least a week until we know for sure what new Apple services await us.
Here are the screenshots:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple iOS 4.3 Likely Coming Next Week, May Correspond with iPad 2 Launch
- What Happened to MobileMe Last Week?
- Apple Plans Free MobileMe Integrated with iOS 5 Next Month
- It’s official: iPad 3 announcement comes on March 7
- iPad 2 mockups suggest the new tablet is thinner than the first model