This is a strange one. The Roseville Best buy (No. 129) has its own Twitter account. And they use that account to give people info about stocks and whatnot. Until today, when an employee used it to tweet about the Verizon HTC Thunderbolt being delayed.
That wouldn’t be very hard to believe, since it’s definitely not the first time that this has happened, but what makes this strange is when that particular Best Buy store will have the smartphone in stock: on Thursday, March 4. That’s what the tweet says, but there’s only one problem about that: March 4 is a Friday.
So either an employee there has no idea how to use (and read) a calendar, or who knows. The Thunderbolt, at this point, may come on Thursday March 3, Friday March 4, or even before that. It’s unclear, since there’s no official word from either Verizon or HTC on a(nother) delay. Perhaps the Thunderbolt may even make its previously rumored release dates of February 24 (that’s today, so unlikely) or February 28. We’ll just have to wait and see, since this is all one big blur at the moment.
Via Android Police
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt ships on March 17, pre-orders start tonight, simultaneous voice&data confirmed
- HTC Thunderbolt launch date and price officially confirmed by Verizon: March 17, $249
- New flyer says Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt is available “now.” Of course, that’s not true
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt launch delayed until February 28
- HTC Thunderbolt Gets Greenlight, Ready to Ship?