When the HTC Inspire 4G launched on AT&T with Android 2.2 aka Froyo pre-loaded, it must have been the spark that the company needed to ensure all of its premier Android phones will also have Froyo. Or perhaps AT&T was just waiting until the first 4G phone came out on its network to start doing it. Either way, the HTC Aria is getting its official Froyo update sometime today, according to AT&T’s Facebook page.
This official update will make the Aria the second Android device in as many days to get the Froyo update on AT&T’s network. We’re not sure about the time of day, but you’ll want to keep your eye out on this Facebook page to get more information on how to get the update loaded onto your Aria.
Or, if you were thinking about getting an HTC Aria as soon as Froyo was available on it, now’s your chance to get it for a penny on Amazon.
It’s like Froyo is falling out of the sky. Now if only the Xperia X10 on AT&T could get something more than Android 1.6. Just sayin’.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T HTC Aria Finally Gets Froyo Update
- Sony Xperia P to be updated to Android 4.0 ICS starting August
- AT&T Acknowledges Amazon Appstore Obstacle, Working on Clearing it
- Sony Xperia S could get its Android Jelly Bean update in the next few days
- AT&T Samsung Captivate Android 2.2 Froyo update now available for download