In France, Virgin Mobile will be among the carriers to offer it, sometime in late March.
According to Les Mobiles, Virgin will be the first to sell the Xperia Play on contract to French customers (there’s no word on how much the handset will cost, though).
Coming as the world’s first PlayStation-certified smartphone, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and features a 4-inch multi-touch display with 480 x 854 pixels, dedicated gaming pad, HSPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP camera, 1GHz Qualcomm Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, and an 8GB memory card pre-installed.
The new Xperia will also be released in the US (via Verizon), Canada (via Rogers), and the UK (via multiple carriers).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon may launch a 4G LTE Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play goes 4G on AT&T, available for $50 starting September 18
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to be launched by all Australian carriers
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launching in India in late April?
- Virgin UK launches 4 Android phones: HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy Portal, Xperia X10 and LG InTouch Max