Unfortunately, the Xperia Play approved today by the FCC is not the one that Verizon plans to launch in the US. It’s not even a North America-bound version. It’s the R800i, which comes with European UMTS connectivity (900 / 2100 MHz).
Well, at least we know that SE didn’t forget about sending the handset to the FCC. Let’s hope Verizon’s CDMA version will reach the Federal Commission’s headquarters soon.
In Europe, the Xperia Play should be available starting the end of this month. It remains to be seen when exactly the smartphone will be released in the US.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to be launched by all Australian carriers
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play will finally be launched by O2 UK in June
- Verizon may launch a 4G LTE Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play goes 4G on AT&T, available for $50 starting September 18
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launch date announced by Verizon: May 26