A couple weeks ago we reported on the easy-on-wallet Samsung Gem Android handset getting launched on Alltel, but it appears to be heading to Verizon as well. Evidenced by some of the plastic dummy units showing up in the stores, this is typically a sign that the phone will be released within the next week or so.
The Samsung Gem has an 800 MHz processor, a 3.2-megapixel camera, 3G, Wi-Fi (with hotspot capability), Bluetooth, GPS, a microSD card slot, and 124 MB of internal memory. Nowadays, these kinds of specs lead us to believe this phone will be either free or pretty close to it; Alltel’s version is also free after mail-in rebate.
We imagine we will see the official release of the Samsung Gem on Verizon sometime very soon. The race is on: who will make it first, the Gem or the HTC ThunderBolt?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung F200 and Samsung F210 Music Phones launched
- Samsung D980/D988 – DuoS with touchscreen
- HTC Thunderbolt Has 8 GB Internal Memory, Only 2.5 GB Can be Used
- HTC ThunderBolt free at Verizon until January 26
- Alltel Samsung Gem runs Android 2.1, is free on contract