Apple is all set to announce the iPad 2 later today (March 2), and if you think this will be the only new iPad introduced in 2011… well, you may be wrong.
According to CultofMac, an anonymous Apple employee declared that a newer iPad – iPad 3 – is “on track for release later this year.”
Reportedly, the iPad 3 is the one that customers should really wait for, since the iPad 2 is a “ho-hum update”, “more of a speed bump than a redesign” – much like the iPhone 3GS was for the iPhone 3G, maybe?
Until we hear more about the third generation iPad, let us remind you what the iPad 2 should bring: two cameras (one on the back and one on the front – for FaceTime video calling), a speedier processor, more RAM, and possibly both GSM and CDMA connectivity. The new Apple tablet should be thinner than the current model, and there may even be a white version of it. We’ll have all the details as soon as Apple announces the device.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- FaceTime is coming to the iPad and iPod Touch
- New Apple iPad 2 (white and black versions) with iOS 4.3 officially announced, prices start at $499
- Rumor: iPad 3 to come with Retina Display, 8 MP camera, and FaceTime HD, iPad 2 will drop to $399
- 5 things to expect in iPad mini
- Apple’s iPhone 4G / HD shows up again (in Asia)