Expected to be released in Europe and the US (via Verizon) later this month, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play will also be launched in Australia.
It won’t happen too soon, though.
Kotaku Australia recently talked to a Sony Global Marketing Manager, who said that the Xperia Play – the world’s first PlayStation-certified phone – would be available to Australian customers starting May or June.
Unlike the Xperia Neo (another new Android 2.3 handset from Sony Ericsson, which will be released only by Telstra), the Xperia Play should be available via all major Australian carriers: Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, and 3. For the moment, there’s no word on how much the gaming-friendly Xperia will cost in Australia.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc headed to Optus, Vodafone Australia
- Sony Xperia S will be launched in Australia in early April
- HTC Wildfire and SE X10 Mini Pro to bring more Android to Australia
- Australia: HTC Evo 3D headed to Telstra (in September) and Vodafone
- Nokia Lumia 800 to be released in Australia in March (via Telstra, Optus and Vodafone)