Samsung has unveiled yet another mid-end Android smartphone, but this time we’re talking about a special handset – one that comes with a landscape touchscreen display (2.8 inches), and a full QWERTY keyboard below it.
Of course, Samsung already has somewhat similar smartphones (B7350 Omnia PRO 4, i780), but these run Windows Mobile, not Android like the Galaxy Pro – which, of course, can be seen as a smaller Motorola Droid Pro.
The new handset comes with Wi-Fi (you can turn it into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot), HSDPA, Samsung Hub, and a 3MP autofocus camera.
Three UK has announced that it would sell the Galaxy Pro in the UK soon. Here’s a video preview of the handset:
At the moment, the Samsung Galaxy Pro runs Android 2.2 Froyo, but maybe an upgrade to 2.3 Gingerbread is scheduled for later this year. There’s no word on the price of the smartphone yet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung i5510 (Galaxy 551) coming to Australia, likely via Telstra
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus with Android Gingerbread announced
- Samsung Galaxy Xtreme S5690 delayed in the UK, orange version launched in the Netherlands
- Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 with Android ICS coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy S i9000 on pre-order in the UK for £549.99