If you’re looking for yet another app store, Opera has got you covered with the brand new Opera Mobile Store, launched today.
The new store is integrated into the Opera Mini and Opera Mobile browsers, but it’s also accessible via other (non-Opera) phone browsers at this address.
Built in collaboration with Appia, the Opera Store provides paid and free applications “for virtually any mobile platform and device.” Android, Symbian, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and Palm have their own categories in the store.
Opera has even launched an Opera Publisher Portal (check it out here), which should allow developers to quickly distribute their apps via the new store. Excited, anyone?
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Opera Mini 6.1 and Opera Mobile 11.1 launched with auto-complete and auto-suggest features
- Opera Announces and Shows Off New Browsers at CTIA 2011 (Video)
- Opera Mobile 10 for Windows Mobile available now
- Opera Mini for iPhone rejected by Apple from App Store
- Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10 now out of beta