Today is a time for rejoicing, Apple lovers everywhere, because the latest update for iOS is now ready for download through iTunes. iOS 4.3 thankfully is available 2 days before the iPad 2 comes out (and the mad dash for everyone to get home and activate their iPads through their computers will begin), so it really does lighten the load if everyone downloads iOS 4.3 before Friday.
So at your earliest convenience, get back home to your computer and download 4.3 (and iTunes 10.2.1, if you haven’t yet) because you’ll get these changes:
- Mobile hotspot capability
- iTunes Home Sharing now on iOS
- Improved AirPlay features
- No iPhone 3G support at all
- Toggle switch on iPad can now be for mute or screen orientation lock
- New fonts in Notes app
- Push notifications for Ping
- Purchase ringtones directly through iPhone
Sounds great! Sure, it’s no iOS 5 or anything, but we certainly won’t have to wait too much longer to find out what’s inside that sweet update.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple’s iOS 5 is now available to download
- AT&T’s LG Nitro HD will be updated to Android 4.0 ICS starting next week
- iPhone 2.2 firmware released – brings Google Street View, Safari improvements and more
- Asus Transformer Pad Infinity gets updated to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean