The E6 looks like it will be Nokia’s highest-specced QWERTY candybar smartphone for the foreseeable future. Once it’s announced and released, that is. The E6 first had its specs leaked in January, and then was seen in the wild (but not turned on) last month.
Now a new image of the E6 has leaked, and this time the device is turned on. And that lets us see what looks like a slightly redesigned Symbian interface compared to what there is on the N8, C7 and C6-01. Of course, it may just be that only the icons are new. We’ll have to either wait for more leaks, or perhaps for Nokia to finally talk about this phone officially, to know for sure. One thing is clear – the E6 will have 4 homescreens, one more than the N8, C7, C6-01 or E7.
The Nokia E6 may be the first Nokia to have a touchscreen+QWERTY combo in a candybar form factor, which, together with the 8-megapixel camera and rumored VGA (640×480) resolution may help it to be a best-seller, at least in business circles.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint may soon unveil a Samsung Android-powered QWERTY candybar
- Nokia may show nothing new at MWC, but a Nokia C6 could be announced soon
- Nokia E65 video and more photos
- Sprint Express is an Android-powered QWERTY candybar, out on November 18 for $19.99
- Nokia E75 live pics leaked, again