Although the HP Pre 3 has been announced recently, Verizon has only gotten around to starting selling the Palm Pre 2 in the second half of last month. Having the newer model announced while trying to sell the older model can clearly hurt sales, and Verizon’s decision to stock the Pre 2 so late (after all, it’s been announced by HP in October of last year) makes little sense.
However, there’s good news for those in love with webOS. You can now get your very own webOS 2-based device, the Pre 2, on Verizon in the US, for free. Not $199, not $99, free.
HP will give a Pre 2 to you for free, but you have to sign a new two-year contract with Verizon. But if you were after the Pre 2 specifically, or don’t much care for the Pre 3, or just want a webOS device now, this is probably for you.
So head straight over to HP’s Wireless Central Store and get your free Pre 2 while supplies last.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HP TouchPad will be available in Australia on August 15
- HP PalmPad confirmed, will be out early next year and run WebOS
- White AT&T HP Veer now just $0.01 at Amazon (with contract)
- Screenshots of WebOS 3.0 Leak, Show off HP TouchPad
- Flash 10.1 for Palm WebOS to come in the first half of 2010