While we’re sorry to report that the launch date of Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt has still not been unveiled, we’re more than happy to inform you that an official Thunderbolt promo application has been released via Android Market today.
This may mean we’re very close to seeing the new LTE Android handset hitting the shelves (maybe as soon as this week-end?).
The HTC Thunderbolt app is “intended solely for use within Verizon Stores as a promotional tool.” However, anyone can download it – here’s the download link on Android Market.
Verizon could surprise everyone and launch the Thunderbolt tomorrow, the same day it will introduce Apple’s brand new iPad 2. I wouldn’t get my hopes up on that, though.
We’ll obviously let you know when the carrier finally decides to start selling the Thunderbolt.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T’s HTC Inspire 4G poses next to Verizon’s Thunderbolt
- Verizon Samsung Droid Charge spotted on Walmart’s website
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt priced: $699 at HTC’s official store
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 showcase app spotted in Android Market
- Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt may be launched sooner than expected