Boost Mobile has added a new, unassuming featurephone to its lineup. The Samsung Factor is a cheap clamshell, certainly not meant to be bought and used by smartphone fans. No, this is for those who either don’t get what this whole smartphone craze is about, or simply can’t afford the price premiums they’d need to pay both for getting a smartphone as well as the monthly data fees associated with it.
The Samsung Factor has a VGA camera, Bluetooth, email and IM clients preinstalled, even a Web browser, GPS, and handsfree speakerphone.
The Samsung Factor can be yours for $49.99 (excluding taxes), and Boost Mobile recommends getting it with the Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage plan. This plan gets cheaper and cheaper the longer you stay a Boost Mobile customer and make your payments on time. For every six on-time payments, your bill will shrink by $5, down to a minimum of $35 per month for unlimited talk, text, Web, email, IM, and 411 calls.
The Samsung Factor is now available to buy from Boost Mobile online and in retail stores.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Boost Mobile launches Sanyo Innuendo, $129.99
- iPhone 5 finally in stock at T-Mobile, alongside the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4
- Samsung Transform Ultra now available at Boost Mobile for $229.99
- AT&T to offer $50 unlimited prepaid plan starting June 26th
- Boost Mobile announces the flip-QWERTY Motorola Rambler and the flip Motorola Bali