It’s been confirmed by Samsung Romania’s Facebook page that two separate Android updates will be coming to three of its Galaxy phones by the end of March: the Galaxy S, I5500 Galaxy Europa and I5800 Galaxy Apollo.
According to the post, the Galaxy S will first receive the 2.2.1 update by March 20 and 2.3, aka Gingerbread, by the end of the month. As for the Europa and Apollo, both of these phones will get updated to Froyo by the end of March as well.
Great news for our Romanian readers! No word on any other countries getting these updates, though it’s plausible that there will be more countries to follow right after.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab ships with “Porn” button in Romania
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be out “as soon as possible”
- Samsung Galaxy Tab: €199 from Vodafone in Spain, €799 unlocked in Germany, no more Porn button
- Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and Captivate to get Android 2.2 Froyo in mid-December in Canada
- Coming soon to Three UK: HTC Desire HD and Samsung Galaxy Europa