When we were introduced to the full lineup of Verizon’s LTE 4G phones at CES in January, the HTC Thunderbolt, LG Revolution and Droid Bionic received all of the attention and hype, even though there were technically 4 LTE handsets announced. There was one LTE phone made by Samsung that got shown off but was never given a proper name. Certainly, it’s hard to build up hype over a newly-announced “anonymous Samsung LTE device“.
We’ve come to learn that there are now two names for this Samsung phone: the Samsung Stealth appears to be the main name, but Droid Charge has surfaced as a possible marketing name as well. Now, it isn’t one bit ironic that the so-named “Stealth” just so happened to be the one staying out of the limelight at CES. Perhaps this was all part of the plan, after all…
TechnoBuffalo has also uncovered some leaked photos of the Stealth in the wild, and the source who has been testing the phone out has revealed the Stealth should be making its way toward a mid-April release.
Here we’ll show off the leaked pics, side-by-side with the pics we took while at CES, just to show the similarities.
And a couple more:
Also, here are some of the basic specs of the Stealth:
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen
- 1 GHz Hummingbird processor (same as Galaxy S)
- Android 2.2 Froyo (upgradeable to Gingerbread)
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Mobile hotspot
- 8 megapixel rear camera, LED flash, auto-focus
- 1.3 megapixel front camera
- 828 MB internal storage
- microSD up to 32GB
- HDMI out
- 720p HD video capture
- 1500 mAh battery
Thoughts? The LTE part of it always has us intrigued. According to TechnoBuffalo’s source, the battery lasts a full day with no concerns whatsoever (which cannot be said about the HTC Thunderbolt, which seems to be plagued with delays due to its battery).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Samsung 4G Droid Stealth pre-orders start at Costco on March 24, launch may be on April 7
- New Samsung Droid Charge photo seemingly confirms the Verizon Droid branding
- Verizon’s Samsung 4G LTE smartphone may be called Droid Charge after all
- Verizon’s HTC Rezound, Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx to get Android 4.0 ICS updates next week?
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt 4G photos leaked?