The Incredible S that HTC announced last month at MWC 2011 will be released in the US by Verizon. Unsurprisingly, the largest North American carrier will include the new smartphone in the Droid family, naming it HTC Droid Incredible 2 (or Droid Incredible 2 by HTC – same thing).
AndroidSpin has some live photos of a Verizon-branded Droid Incredible 2, which confirm that the handset looks just like the Incredible S.
The features are similar, too, including a 4 inch WVGA S-LCD display, 8MP rear camera with HD video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 768MB of RAM, and a 1GHz Qualcomm processor.
The Incredible S was released with Android 2.2 in Europe a few weeks ago. However, Verizon’s Incredible 2 will run Android 2.3 at launch (unfortunately, we don’t know when the launch is planned).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 costs only $79.99 at Amazon
- HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE marketing materials show up in Verizon stores
- Verizon’s HTC Fireball to be called Droid Incredible 4G LTE in the end?
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 now just $0.01 at Amazon
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 previewed by Wirefly, launch date confirmed