As announced not long ago, Rovio’s brand new Angry Birds Rio will be available for Android devices soon. However, for the beginning you won’t be able to download it via Android Market, because Rovio has made a deal with Amazon to distribute the game exclusively via Amazon Appstore (as soon as this is launched).
Rovio didn’t say when exactly Angry Birds Rio for Android would be released, but it should happen before the end of March.
In addition to Angry Birds Rio, Android users will be able to download ad-free (thus paid) versions of Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons.
Featuring characters from Rio (one of Fox’s new motion pictures, which will debut on April 15), Angry Birds Rio comes with 60 levels and, apparently, lots of fun. The new game will also be available for iOS, Symbian, and Windows Phone 7.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Angry Birds Seasons updated with Easter Eggs (iOS, Android, Symbian, WebOS)
- Angry Birds Rio: 10 million downloads in 10 days (iOS, Android)
- New Angry Birds Star Wars coming to Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Kindle Fire on November 8
- New Angry Birds Rio coming in March to iPhone, Android, Ovi Store (video trailer)
- Ads-free Angry Birds for Android to come next month