We have heard from Apple Bitch that Apple retail stores will be opening an hour earlier than usual tomorrow (Tuesday, March 15) and that very likely means one piece of great news: the iPad 2 stock is getting replenished.
This isn’t set in stone because we haven’t heard any official announcement from Apple itself, but there are enough reports going around that customers have been told by their local store that they are indeed opening early.
According to Apple Bitch:
Anecdotal reports from shoppers across the country trying get an iPad 2 this morning, say they were told by retail staff that even if the Apple Stores were re-stocked today, the iPad 2 would not be sold until tomorrow and for this reason, the Stores would open early for dedicated iPad 2 sales. We have confirmed this with three retail stores.
As a side note, not every Apple Store is saying they are receiving shipments, so it’s best to call ahead and find out for sure if your local store is opening early. We definitely don’t want you to wait in a line for nothing, right?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple iPad 2 international launch delayed by half a day
- iPad 2 online orders shipping in 2-3 weeks in Australia and New Zealand
- Apple iPhone 4 will be available in China on September 25th
- Another AT&T memo leak says iPhone 3G will be sold bricked, requiring in-store activation
- Want to buy an iPad 2 online? You’ll have to wait “4-5 weeks” until you actually get one