Staples as of late seems to be very interested in playing the tablet market, with leaks of new tablets being flown all over the place this past week. Last week we saw indications from Staples that the WiFi-only Xoom will be launched end of March or early April for $599, and the Blackberry Playbook would be released sometime in April. Today’s leak shows several new tablets we haven’t seen yet.
Headlining the rumor lineup is the HTC 10-inch tablet. We have only seen the company’s 7-inch tablet, the Flyer, announced so far, but it’s nice to hear that a larger version is in the works. We wonder if this will end up with Honeycomb, or if it will be Android 2.4 like its smaller brother?
Also on the list of unannounced tablets, there is the Samsung 8.9″ tablet (highly anticipated as the subject of Samsung’s big Galaxy Tab event at CTIA next week), a Toshiba 10″, Dell 10″, and Acer 10″ (is this the Iconia?). All of these are listed as “coming soon”, which will likely mean May or June.
I have a feeling we will see many of these in person at CTIA 2011 next week in Orlando. We’re going to be there covering the show, so you best be tuned in to find out what goodies are being shown off!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 stops by the FCC on the way to AT&T
- New 8.9 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab (with Android Honeycomb) to be unveiled at CTIA 2011
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 will be in stores on April 27, pre-orders start shipping on April 25
- Wi-Fi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab gets official in the US, available on April 10 for $349.99
- BlackBerry PlayBook battery life: is it 8 hours, or 10 hours?