Until now, we’ve heard quite a few rumors about the upcoming iPhone 5, and one of them refers to the fact that Apple’s new smartphone would have an NFC chip inside.
It looks like this is not true, though.
Although we may not see NFC on new iPhones this year, Apple seems to be working on its own mobile payment technology. I guess we’ll have that in 2012 or even later. We’ll see.
(iPhone 5 might look like this)
In other Apple news, Philip Schiller (senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing at Apple) has recently confirmed that the white iPhone 4 would be available “this spring.” So it won’t be long until you’ll finally be able to buy the uber-delayed smartphone – in case you’re not waiting for iPhone 5 now, of course.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple’s white iPhone 4 may be released on April 26 (in Italy)
- White iPhone 4 coming to Verizon, too?
- iPhone 5 coming in October, reportedly says AT&T exec
- Motorola MOTOROI to hit the US and other countries this spring?
- NTT DoCoMo still waiting for “right condition to sell” iPhone in Japan