There’s more Sony Ericsson Xperia Play news today, following our earlier report of the first PlayStation smartphone going on pre-order in India. Sony Ericsson Spain has told Engadget that the Xperia Play will become available there on April 1. Hopefully that’s no joke.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is going to become available in the UK on March 31, so it looks like its entire European debut is set to take place during that period. And, as we heard earlier today, it will make it to India in the second week of next month.
Sony Ericsson has always said that it will launch the Xperia Play in March, and it looks like it’s going to deliver on that promise, even if in limited territories.
Sony Ericsson Spain has also announced the device’s price for that particular country: 649 euros (which amounts to roughly $907). That’s obviously a SIM-free and unlocked affair, and mobile network operators in Spain have yet to unveil their price plans for this handset. However, we do know that Vodafone Spain will get a 15-day exclusive on the white model, as everyone else will only have the black version at first.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus 3D and Sony Ericsson Xperia Play on pre-order in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets price cut to £390 in the UK
- What delay? The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo is now available in Romania
- UK: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play can now be ordered for just £199.99, ships on October 7
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Arc available in India