Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean April (as recently rumored). Fortunately, it also does not mean July, and neither August.
According to PreCentral, Leo Apotheker (HP CEO) has confirmed at the most recent HP Summit that the TouchPad would be available starting June. Most probably, it will be released in the US first, with global availability to follow shortly.
Prices for the HP TouchPad are expected to start at $499 (this will likely be the price of the 3G-less, 16GB version). We’ll bring more details soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HP TouchPad passes FCC, will launch soon
- 4G HP TouchPad hits FCC, heading to AT&T
- HP Pre 3 apparently delayed ’til late July in the UK
- HP TouchPad to be available June 22nd?
- HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad headed to Rogers Canada