There’s no doubt that the LG Optimus One will be upgraded to Android 2.3, since LG officially said so at the end of 2010. The question is “when?”
Well, according to LG India, the company intends to push Android 2.3 updates to Optimus One users before the end of May.
The date “is subject to change”, though. Let’s hope there won’t be huge delays in the upgrade roll-out (like in the case of Samsung’s Galaxy S Android 2.2 update).
Sold in millions of units around the world (under various names), LG Optimus One is a mid-end smartphone that comes with a 600MHz processor, 3.2 inch HVGA display, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, and a 3.2MP camera. It is currently one of the best Android handsets you can buy for around $250.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus Hub launched in India
- LG’s Optimus One line apparently won’t get Android Gingerbread
- LG Optimus Vu II Android Jelly Bean update starts rolling out
- Dual SIM versions of LG Optimus L5 II and L7 II called Optimus Duet (in Taiwan)
- LG Optimus One with Froyo launched in India