Samsung has confirmed that its high-end Galaxy S II smartphone would be available in India soon, most likely “in the coming month.”
There’s no word on the price of the Galaxy S II in India, but it should be well over 30,000 INR.
The new Galaxy runs Android 2.3, is only 8.5mm thin, and features a 4.3 inch WVGA Super AMOLED Plus display, 1GB of RAM, and an 8MP camera with full HD (1080p) video recording. The dual-core processor inside the smartphone can be either a Samsung Exynos, or an Nvidia Tegra 2.
In other news for India, Samsung India has also announced that it would release a CDMA version of the Samsung Galaxy Pop (aka Samsung Galaxy Mini) in the coming weeks. Called Samsung Galaxy Pop SCH-i559 CDMA, the handset looks just like the GSM Pop, but it will, of course, be compatible only with the networks of CDMA Indian carriers.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 also called Galaxy Pop; available now for pre-order in India
- Samsung Galaxy S II delayed until June to get a new 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- CDMA Samsung Corby S3650 coming to India?
- Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus S5570i (a Galaxy Mini version) shows up in India
- Samsung Galaxy i899 is India’s first CDMA Android phone