Rogers is the carrier that will offer both handsets.
The company doesn’t say when exactly it will launch the new Xperias, but it has just added them to its website, where you can check out their features, and register to receive notice when they become available.
Both the Xperia Play and Xperia Arc run Android 2.3 Gingerbread and have high-end features. The Xperia Play is, of course, a gaming handset, featuring PlayStation games and a PSP-like gamepad, while the Arc is presented as “the ultimate multimedia smartphone.”
The Xperia Play will also be introduced by Verizon in the US, but the largest North American carrier has not announced a launch date for it yet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #MWC11: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play hands-on video
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play gets a price drop in the UK: £418
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launching in India in late April?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to be released in the UK on March 31
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launch date announced by Verizon: May 26