We’ve recently heard that RIM’s BlackBerry PlayBook would be available this month in the US, but we’ve had no news regarding its Canadian launch date.
Now, thanks to CrackBerry, we know that the tablet might be introduced in Canada pretty soon, too.
According to the photo below, Staples district managers in Canada will hold some sort of a challenge on April 15 to determine the “district that sells the most PlayBooks” on that day. Assuming this is true (and rumors started by CrackBerry usually turn out to be true), RIM’s first tablet should hit the shelves across Canada on that date, or even earlier.
Two of the carriers that will offer the BlackBerry PlayBook in Canada are Rogers and Bell. For the moment, there’s no word on what price the tablet will have in RIM’s home country.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Like the iPad, BlackBerry PlayBook will have 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions
- RIM’s BlackBerry PlayBook launched in the US and Canada, prices start at$499
- UK: 16 GB BlackBerry PlayBook sees price cut to £249
- RIM BlackBerry PlayBook launching on April 10?
- Rogers now gives you $100 back if you buy a BlackBerry Torch 9810, Bold 9900, or PlayBook