Dell has apparently been hard at work prepping a Wi-Fi-only version of its Dell Streak 7 Android-powered tablet. And while the Wi-Fi+HSPA version of the device has already been launched on T-Mobile, this is the first time we’re hearing of the model that doesn’t sport any mobile data connectivity.
Unusually for such cases, the information about the Streak 7 Wi-Fi-only edition doesn’t come via a leak, but from a product listing over at Amazon. Amazon has started taking pre-orders for the Wi-Fi-only Dell Streak 7, and the price being asked for the tablet is $379.99. Furthermore, that price includes free shipping.
Apart from the missing cellular connectivity, this device is identical to the one being sold by T-Mobile. There’s no word yet on when this tablet will start shipping, but since pre-orders have already started, that date can’t be very far away. Now the ball’s in Dell’s court, who’d better come up with some sort of official announcement, and perhaps throw a release date in that if we aren’t asking too much.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Streak 7 delayed in Canada
- Dell Streak now available in Canada from Rogers for $149.99
- Dell Streak 7 now finally available in Canada
- Wi-Fi-only Dell Streak 7 can now be ordered in Canada for $399.99, ships on April 29
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 update now available