It’s hard to keep a secret these days. Rumors are always leaking out about the latest and greatest in upcoming devices, and half the time we’re sure these leaks are on purpose. We’re hearing all sorts of rumors about what will be announced at Sprint’s upcoming 3-hour CTIA press event and what we should expect to see there. Most of these rumors are the same and seem to be getting confirmed from multiple sources, which means they are most likely true.
BGR has reported exclusive details on the phones being announced this Tuesday: the HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO View 4G, Sprint WiMax-powered Motorola Xoom, 2 versions of the Blackberry Playbook, and an eco-friendly Samsung Rant 3. Let’s dive into the details.
The HTC EVO 3D is going to pack a serious punch with these specs:
- 4.3-inch qHD 960 x 450-pixel Autostereoscopic 3D display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm 8660 Snapdragon CPU with 1 GB RAM and 4 GB ROM
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread running with Sense UI
- Dual 5 MP cameras in rear with 1.3 MP front camera
- YouTube 3D and Blockbuster 3D On-demand
- 1730 mAh battery
No mention of 4G on this one yet, but we’re sure not all specs have yet to be revealed, so stay tuned. Next up is the HTC EVO View 4G:
- 7-inch tablet with 1024×600 display
- Aluminum unibody design
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread with Sense UI
- HTC Scribe pen support
- 5 MP rear camera, 1.3 MP front
- 4000 mAh battery
- DNLA and HDMI out
The EVO View is rumored to be much like the HTC Flyer we saw at MWC.
Those are the phones with the most details revealed. In addition to that scoop, BGR also reported:
- The Motorola Xoom will be coming to Sprint in the coming weeks, with WiMax 4G already included (can they beat Verizon to 4G?)
- The Samsung Rant 3 will be an eco-friendly messaging device that shall be unveiled with a rechargeable battery cover. Whoa!
- There will be 2 versions of the Blackberry Playbook coming out, WiFi and WiMax.
No wonder Sprint’s event will take 3 hours — with all the announcements, that’s how long it will take to stuff everything in to one event. Needless to say, we are definitely more excited to be attending the Sprint event on Tuesday. I’m hoping to get some good hands-0n time with all of these devices, and will keep you up to speed!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Blackberry Playbook Now Ready for Pre-Order, Price Starts at $499
- 10-inch Blackberry Playbook to arrive for holidays?
- Verizon having doubts about selling Playbook
- Wi-Fi Blackberry Playbook coming to Sprint June 5th according to Sprint Executive
- Blackberry Playbook Hands-On at CES 2011