AT&T is on a roll this weekend, and CTIA hasn’t even officially started yet. In addition to the huge news yesterday of its plans to acquire T-Mobile, AT&T introduced two handsets this morning in the LG Thrill 4G and HTC HD7S.
First up is the LG Thrill 4G, a dual-core 1 GHz Android 2.2 Froyo device with 4.3″ stereoscopic 3D display, 5 MP dual camera to offer 3D pics and videos, 2D video will be 1080p HD and 3D video will be in 720p, an HDMI-out port, and 16 GB onboard memory (8 internal plus 8 MicroSD). It will also mark the debut of the “LG 3D Space”, a place to access 3D games, pics/videos and other 3D-related content.
The Thrill 4G is basically an AT&T-branded LG Optimus 3D.
Next up is the HTC HD7S, which is exactly what it sounds like: an AT&T version of the HTC HD7. The difference-maker here? It claims to be the first device in the US with an improved Super-LCD high resolution display. It will also have WP7 with the NoDo update already pre-installed so you will have copy and paste right off the bat.
No pricing has been set, but the LG Thrill 4G is set to release in “the coming months”, and the HD7S will be released in “the coming weeks”. We hope to see these devices shown off here at CTIA tomorrow. If they are, I’ll be posting some hands-on experiences with them — unless they are like the Infuse 4G and closed off behind glass or can’t be turned on, that is.
Press Release below:
AT&T Takes Smartphone Customers Into a New Dimension
Pair of 4.3-inch Smartphones For Best-in-Class Portfolio Include the LG Thrill 4G With Glasses-free 3D Experience, in Addition to the HTC HD7S, an Exciting Addition to the Windows Phone Portfolio
DALLAS, March 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ –
* AT&T* announced two new leading-edge smartphones, the LG Thrill 4G and the HTC HD7S, will be added to the industry’s best portfolio of mobile phones.
* The LG Thrill 4G is the first U.S. smartphone that will feature a “glasses-free” 4.3-inch stereoscopic 3D display plus 4G speed capability on the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network.
* Beyond its 3D screen, the LG Thrill 4G features a dual-core, 1 GHz processor, and a 5-megapixel dual-camera that allows you to shoot and share high definition videos and images in 3D.
* The HTC HD7S adds to the best portfolio of Windows Phones with its 4.3-inch, WVGA, super LCD display, 1 GHz processor and 5-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash.
LG Thrill 4G
The LG Thrill 4G will be exclusive to AT&T customers and reach AT&T stores in the coming months. Running the first dual-core, dual-channel 1 GHz processor in the U.S. and based on the Android 2.2 platform, LG Thrill 4G will be among the first to deliver a glasses-free 3D experience to U.S. customers and will allow users to shoot 3D video and 3D stills with the dual 5-megapixel stereoscopic camera. In addition to apps and games from Android Market, LG Thrill 4G will offer 3D content via the “LG 3D Space,” which houses 3D games, video clips and images for quick, convenient access.
Preloaded with 16 GB of memory (8 GB onboard plus an 8 GB MicroSD card), the LG Thrill 4G will record 3D video at 720p resolution and 2D at 1080p quality. The smartphone will be able to play video back in high definition through the HDMI-out port on the device or stream content wirelessly through DLNA technology.
The HTC HD7S will be the largest screen on a Windows Phone from AT&T and will include the latest version of Windows Phone software that offers many new benefits including the ability to copy and paste text. A powerful 1 GHz processor will power the unique Windows Phone experience and any of the more than 10,000 applications available for download or purchase from Windows Marketplace. In addition, with the preloaded U-verse® Mobile application, qualifying AT&T U-verse customers can download and watch hit TV shows on their Windows Phone. Non-U-verse customers can subscribe to U-verse Mobile for $9.99 a month and choose from a broad selection of programming to watch on their Windows Phone. This new AT&T smartphone will be the first HD7 model from HTC in the U.S. with an improved super LCD high resolution display. The HTC HD7S will be available in company-owned AT&T retail locations and online at www.wireless.att.com in the coming weeks.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Thrill 4G coming to AT&T this summer
- LG Thrill 4G will cost $99 at AT&T
- AT&T’s LG Thrill 4G delayed until August 21?
- Confirmed: AT&T LG Thrill 4G will be available on September 4 for $99.99
- LG Thrill 4G now officially available from AT&T for $100