We’ve first heard about HTC’s intentions to launch a 3D Android smartphone back in December.
Since then, we’ve also learned that Sprint may announce a so called HTC EVO 3D at CTIA 2011 – which starts tomorrow.
While we’re not sure if the device rumored back in December is Sprint’s EVO 3D, now Pocket-lint claims to have exclusive info on a 3D HTC smartphone that could be available as soon as the third quarter of the year.
Reportedly, HTC’s handset will be “lighter, thinner and cheaper” than the LG Optimus 3D (which was unveiled at MWC 2011 as the world’s first 3D smartphone, and will be released in the US as AT&T Thrill 4G).
The smartphone that Pocket-lint is talking about may be a non-US version of Sprint’s EVO 3D. More on this as we get it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T’s LG Optimus One (Optimus A?) pictured
- AT&T’s LG Thrill 4G delayed until August 21?
- LG Optimus Black launching in the UK next week
- LG’s Android tablet will be called Optimus Pad
- AT&T LG Thrill 4G gets delayed again, will be available on September 4