It looks like Samsung’s third Android tablet (expected to be officially announced tomorrow, March 22, at CTIA Wireless 2011), will be called Galaxy Tab 8.9.
The name is certainly not a surprise, given the fact that the new tablet has an 8.9 inch (1280 x 800 pixels) display, and Samsung second tablet, which has a 10.1 inch screen, is called Galaxy Tab 10.1.
PocketNow has managed to obtain two images which show what the Galaxy Tab 8.9 looks like. Moreover, some of its specs have been unveiled.
The new Tab runs Android 3.0 Honeycomb, heavily customized with Samsung’s own UX (which includes widgets and an app switcher). It has a dual-core processor, weighs 470 grams, and measures only 8.6mm in thickness – thus being 0.2mm thinner than Apple’s iPad 2.
We should find out more about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (including pricing details) tomorrow, so stick around.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung ATIV S (Odyssey) with Windows Phone 8, and Samsung ATIV Windows RT Tablet announced
- Samsung Galaxy Express with LTE and Android Jelly Bean announced for Europe, Asia
- Samsung Galaxy S II photo leaked; more details on the Galaxy Tab II
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 11.6 with 2560×1600 resolution to be announced tomorrow?
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Mega 5.8 now official, launching in May with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on board