Sometimes a company just needs a trade show to get motivation to launch a product, it seems. Research in Motion’s tablet, the Blackberry Playbook, is now finally available to be pre-ordered. The Playbook will officially go on sale beginning April 19. This is a little later than the March timeline originally set by the company, but right on time with the Staples rumors we’ve been hearing about.
The pricing for the Playbook is actually the most competitive with the iPad 2 out of any tablet thus far: for WiFi-only versions, the 16 GB is $499, 32 GB $599 and 64 GB $699. The Playbook will be available at Best Buys across the US, as well as AT&T, Office Depot, Sprint, Staples, and RadioShack.
We haven’t heard any details on pricing for any other versions of the Playbook, but we have a hunch that Sprint’s WiMax version will make a debut today at its exclusive event.
Pre-orders just began a few minutes ago on Best Buy’s website, so go check it out if you’re up for buying a Playbook!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- RIM’s BlackBerry PlayBook launched in the US and Canada, prices start at$499
- Wi-Fi Blackberry Playbook coming to Sprint June 5th according to Sprint Executive
- Sprint may launch the BlackBerry Playbook on May 8
- Blackberry Playbook to go on sale for $199.99 at select retail stores in the US and Canada
- RIM PlayBook with 4G (WiMax) announced for Sprint