Vodafone UK has started taking pre-orders for two upcoming Sony Ericsson Android-powered devices, the Xperia Play and Xperia Arc. Both phones are going to become available from Vodafone UK on April 1.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is the world’s first PlayStation certified phone, and it features a unique side-sliding design that reveals a gamepad instead of a QWERTY keyboard. It can be yours on Vodafone for free if you choose a monthly plan of £35. For that you’ll get 900 minutes of calls, unlimited texts, and 750 MB of data traffic.
The first 1,000 people to pre-order the Xperia Play through Vodafone’s website will receive a Sony Ericsson DK300 multimedia docking station, so act fast if you were going to get yourself an Xperia Play anyway.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc is a sleek curvy device, just like its name implies, and it’s quite thin at 8.7mm. It has an 8.1-megapixel camera and can be yours for free on monthly plans of £30 and higher. That will get you 600 minutes, 500 MB of mobile data, and unlimited texts.
All contract offers require that you commit to a new two-year agreement. To pre-order either smartphone, just head on over to Vodafone’s website.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Red Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo now available at Vodafone UK, free from £26 per month
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini and Mini Pro up for pre-order in the UK on contract, free from £15/month
- Sony Xperia Z now available in the UK. US too if you’re willing to spend $849
- HTC Desire S now available at Vodafone UK, free on contracts starting at £30 per month
- Nokia Lumia 820 now up for pre-order in the UK, free from £29 per month, £379.95 SIM-free