However, Motorola has officially responded to the rumor, saying to Phandroid that it plans to manufacture and sell the Xoom even after the second quarter ends.
While the DigiTimes article is not accurate from this point of view, it may be from another: it’s said that Motorola may launch a new Xoom tablet in the second half of the year.
Samsung has recently announced not one, but two new Android tablets (having a total of four now), so most probably Motorola is already working on its second tablet – be it called Xoom or not. More on this as we get it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola ordered up to 800,000 Xoom Android tablets for this quarter?
- More rumors about Motorola’s and Acer’s Android tablets
- Gold Edition Motorola Xoom tablets given away on Twitter
- Motorola: 4.4M smartphones in Q2. Defy+, 2 tablets, 4 more handsets for Christmas, Droid Bionic in September
- HTC Flyer Android 2.3 tablet coming in March, Honeycomb upgrade to be offered later