Samsung has proudly announced that its own application store, simply called Samsung Apps, has reached 100 million downloads – ten months after its launch.
Available in 120 countries around the world, Samsung Apps mainly includes applications and games for mobile phones – like the Bada-based Wave, Wave II, Wave 525, Wave 533, Wave 575, and Wave 723. Some apps are compatible with TVs, too.
At the moment, there are 13,000 applications available via Samsung Apps. France, Germany and Spain account for 40% of all downloads made from the app store.
To celebrate the 100 million download milestone, the South Korean company kicked-off a weekly prize draw for owners of Wave smartphones. Anyone who downloads an application from Samsung Apps can win a Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Player, or USB sticks.
More info should be available at the official Samsung Apps website.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 3 million downloads served by Nokia Ovi Store daily
- LG opens new Widows Mobile / Java Application Store. Android apps promised for later
- 5 million Samsung Galaxy Note II units already sold
- Nokia Ovi Store now serves 5 million downloads daily
- LG Application Store launched in Asia, only for Windows Mobile