It looks like the first European countries where the HTC Desire S is available are Germany and the Czech Republic.
In Germany, Amazon sells the sliver version of the Desire S for € 459.99 (about $651).
The black version will be released soon, too (on March 28), but for a slightly higher price, namely €477.
In the Czech Republic, HTC offered the Desire S for half the price to the first 100 customers who bought the handset from the official HTC store in Prague. Normally, the new Desire costs 11,500 CZK (€468), but the first 100 lucky buyers got it for only 5,750 CZK (€235).
Running Android 2.3 and featuring the latest version of HTC Sense UI, the Desire S should be also released in the UK before the end of this month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade for HTC Desire Z coming “before the end of June”
- HTC Desire may get Android 2.2 Froyo update on June 23d
- HTC Desire available in India, Froyo not yet included
- HTC Desire Z launching in India next week?
- Telus HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out