Oh look, it’s another post about an update to Android 2.2 Froyo. In 2011. Almost 10 months after the aforementioned OS version was launched. I wonder how long this will keep happening, but then again I’m quite sure that we’ll still have some carrier update some device to Froyo this holiday season, as they say. Sure, on one hand, that’s cool for the owners of these devices, after all, Android versions before Froyo are starting to feel a bit outdated, but on the other hand waiting 10 months for an update is just… well, the way it is in the Android world. And yes, a newer version is already out. But Milestone owners on Telus – you probably won’t be getting any further updates, so enjoy this one as much as you can.
Which brings us to the news. Motorola has released the Android 2.2 Froyo update for Telus’ Motorola Milestone. Happy Milestone owners should head to this page and start the process. Do note that this isn’t going to be an over-the-air update. You’ll need a computer and a USB data cable to perform it.
All the necessary installation steps (as well as a handy guide for how to restart auto sync after updating, which apparently needs to be done in order for GMail to work) are waiting for you on Moto’s dedicated support page, so go! Start updating!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Milestone Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- Motorola Milestone 2 Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will start rolling out in Europe tomorrow
- US Cellular LG Apex Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- UK: T-Mobile Motorola Defy Android 2.2 Froyo update finally available
- Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 4G Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available