A rumor has started making the rounds across the mobile blogosphere, and, if true, it’s very good news for those who own a Motorola Droid X. According to Droid-Life, one of their sources suggested that this device may receive an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system, as early as this Sunday.
Apparently, the update will start rolling out on Sunday at midnight, to Verizon business customers first. The full rollout, including to non-business customers, is set to happen during all of next week. According to another source, the Android 2.3 build for the Droid X has already been finished, and it’s now just up to Verizon and Motorola to decide when to start rolling it out.
Unfortunately, there’s no confirmation as of yet for any of the above, official or not. So do take it with a grain of salt, and perhaps file under “unlikely rumor” for now. Of course, if you do receive an update on Sunday, or next week, be happy. If not, don’t panic – surely that update is very close, even if it isn’t quite as close as a few days away.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola announces future Android 2.1 and 2.2 Froyo updates
- Motorola Droid Pro finally receiving Gingerbread update
- Verizon Motorola Droid 4 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich now rolling out
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Froyo build leaks, official update starts tomorrow
- UK: Motorola Atrix and Milestone 2 Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be out in November