It looks like the HTC Thunderbolt isn’t Verizon’s only smartphone that will be upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread in the second quarter of this year.
According to Droid-life, an HTC rep confirmed via e-mail that the Droid Incredible would also get Android Gingerbread before the end of Q2 – thus in June the latest.
Needless to say, this is not an official confirmation, so delays may occur.
The Droid Incredible is almost one year old now, but you can still buy it at Verizon – it costs $99.99 with a new contract agreement. The handset was launched with Android 2.1 in April, and received an update to Android 2.2 Froyo several months later.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 User Guide and full specs leaked
- HTC Desire HD and Incredible S getting Android 2.3 Gingerbread now
- HTC Droid Incredible 2 silver edition coming soon to Verizon?
- HTC Incredible, Desire, EVO 4G and others made in 2010 will get Android 2.2 Froyo