Let’s take a short break from all the smartphone-infested news that’s literally everywhere across the blogosphere, and focus on a simple device with a simple design and absolutely no smartphone ambitions whatsoever.
Meet the Samsung C414Y. This is a flip phone (remember those?) just launched by Mobilicity, and, arguably, it did deserve a better name, regardless of its non-smartphone status. Anyway, the C414Y boasts a 2-megapixel camera, a 2.2-inch internal display with QVGA (240×320) resolution, a 1.3-inch external display, Bluetooth, AWS 3G, and quad-band GSM.
The Samsung C414Y can be yours for $109.99 off contract. Interestingly, that’s $40 less than what Telus sells the exact same device for. This model is also the first Samsung handset to be sold by Mobilicity, so hopefully there are many more to come – including, dare we ask, some juicy smartphones. We’ll see about that, and in the meantime, you can head on over to Mobilicity to get the Samsung C414Y for yourself or perhaps for a loved one who doesn’t want a smartphone (if such people still exist).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 8 new Samsung phones leaked – S5050, C5212, S3310 and E2210 included
- Cheap Pantech breEZe II launched by AT&T
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus launched by Mobility Canada, free HM1100 Bluetooth headset included
- AT&T’s Pantech Matrix PRO now official
- Samsung S6700 and C5510 sliders coming soon