While neither of the names has been officially confirmed, a new image of the Android handset seems to confirm at least the Droid branding.
Said image has appeared over at PocketNow and presents the Droid Charge / Stealth showing off a redesigned Droid red eye:
The new Samsung Droid could be launched in mid-April. Unless the LG Revolution or the Motorola Droid Bionic hit the shelves earlier, the Charge / Stealth will become Verizon’s second LTE smartphone (the first one being the HTC Thunderbolt, of course). Like the Thunderbolt, Samsung’s Droid will be released running Android 2.2 Froyo, with an upgrade to Android 2.3 scheduled for sometime later.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt now only $129 at Amazon
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic “coming soon” at Best Buy, new design and all
- Samsung Droid Charge now only $99 at Amazon
- 4G-capable Samsung Galaxy S II headed to Verizon in May, alongside Droid Bionic, Droid X2, and LG Revolution?
- Verizon’s Samsung Droid Charge can be pre-ordered for $249 at Let’s Talk