The rarely heard of Wi-Fi-only version of the 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab is getting very close to its official launch. Previously, we’ve heard that it may become available in the US on April 4 for $399. However, it now looks like the UK will get the tablet before the US.
Amazon UK has started taking pre-orders for the Wi-Fi-only Galaxy Tab seven-incher, and it’s asking £299 (that’s approximately $477, in case you were wondering) from those of you who’d like to purchase one. If you do order one, Amazon UK will ship it to you on March 31. So if you act now, by the end of the week you may just hold your new Android-powered tablet in your hands.
Now why you’d want to buy a tablet powered by Android 2.2 Froyo is another story altogether, especially with recent rumors claiming that such devices will never, ever receive updates to Android Honeycomb, the tablet-optimized version of Android. Anyway, if you’d like to get your very own Wi-Fi-only 7-inch Galaxy Tab from Amazon UK, just click here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab returns at sky-high 15%
- Bell drops Samsung Galaxy Tab prices to $399.95 off contract, $199.95 with three-year
- HTC Flyer pre-orders have started in the UK, expected to be shipping mid-April
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Android 2.3 Gingerbread update out “within the next couple of weeks” in the UK
- Samsung Galaxy Tab now only $299 outright in Australia