A couple of weeks ago, T-Mobile decided to finally officially unveil the oft-leaked Sidekick 4G, the Android-powered smartphone with a side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard that T-Mobile hopes will be as successful as the Sidekicks of yesteryear. Subsequently, we found out that it will be sold for $99.99 with a new two-year contract when it finally hits stores.
But the info regarding when exactly it will reach a shelf near you was unavailable until now, with T-Mobile only saying that it will happen “later this spring”. However, earlier today, RadioShack went ahead and made it public on Twitter that the Sidekick 4G will be available in its stores on April 20.
It’s unclear at this point if that will also be T-Mobile launch date, but even if it isn’t, a carrier hasn’t launched an own-brand phone after a third-party retailer in a long while, so it seems pretty clear that if TMo won’t have the Sidekick 4G in stock on April 20, it will have it before that date.
As for pricing, it’s also unknown if RadioShack will offer you the same $99.99 deal as T-Mobile. We’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile G2X priced, will be out on April 15. Sidekick 4G coming on April 20
- HTC Inspire 4G pre-orders starting tomorrow at RadioShack?
- Android-powered T-Mobile Sidekick 4G by Samsung will cost $99.99 with two-year contract
- T-Mobile confirms Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) 4G, also has an Android-based Sidekick 4G coming
- T-Mobile Sidekick 2009 (PV300) approved by FCC, 3G confirmed