I had no doubts that the new Angry Birds Rio, launched 10 days ago, would be a huge success.
And today Rovio Mobile, the game’s developer, confirmed (via Twitter) that the new title has been downloaded more than 10 million times since release – the number includes free and paid downloads on both iOS and Android devices.
Featuring characters from the upcoming animated movie Rio, Angry Birds Rio will be updated at least four times this year, with new levels scheduled to be released in May, July, October, and November.
The original Angry Birds, which will also receive updates, has been downloaded more than 100 million times since 2009 (on multiple platforms).
To download Angry Birds Rio for your iPhone, head here.
For your iPad, download the game here.
And if you use Android, you can download it here.
Via PC World
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Angry Birds Rio coming in March to iPhone, Android, Ovi Store (video trailer)
- Angry Birds Rio for Android will debut via Amazon Appstore
- Angry Birds Seasons updated with Easter Eggs (iOS, Android, Symbian, WebOS)
- Angry Birds for Android passes 2 million downloads, crashes GetJar servers
- Free Angry Birds Rio hits Android Market